Thursday 26 July 2018

Old school Greeks and Persians

Hi!
Just a few pictures of the Greeks and Persians I have painted to clear the lead pile.

The Persian cavalry are Garrison. I was expecting Early Achaemenid cavalry but I think they are Successor period. I may be mistaken. I will probably sell them on eBay. Half of these were already painted. I have spruced them up a bit and painted the others in a similar fashion for cohesion purposes. I think they go well together.

The Hoplites are GP52's in the main, (MiniFigs) so will do for Early Achaemenids and as enemies of the same. I need some transfers from Little Big Man studios or the like. Not something I have taken a lot of interest in until lately though I know it adds to the visual appeal.
The Greek cavalry, as were most of these old figures, were bought on eBay some while ago. One of the cavalry men is missing an arm! Fortunes of war or the lead pile?
I have around 48 hoplites so a good units worth. With the Thracians it would be a small force. Enough for a small city state, I think.

My next painting stint is clearing some plastic, Warhammer, Knights of Rivendell (6 cavalry), a Frostgrave soldiers box (20 infantry) and the Persian infantry recently purchased (18 infantry). Also, one pack of Prussian artillery in 6mm.

The weather is preventing me from painting in the main. I paint in the conservatory. These days it is so hot you can't stay in their for long, even with the doors open. 











2 comments:

  1. I enjoy the old school stuff. I had a great many back in the day but foolishly sold them off. Wish I had nor! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bruce, These I bought relatively recently.
    I am not too bothered about some of the styling on the older figures. Some have a charm of their own.
    Dynamic poses don't win you battles!

    Thank you for looking

    ReplyDelete