Monday 16 November 2020

Frostgrave and French and Indian Wars painting

 It's been a while but that doesn't mean I haven't been busy. I have concentrated, when able, on painting and keeping the lead/plastic pile down. Choices, choices.

First up is a couple of log cabins for the French and Indian Wars. A present of Hovels log cabins.





Then there is this is a 3D printed mausoleum from eBay. I'm not sure of the quality but it looks rather fine.
I will use it both as a mausoleum and as a chapel for Frostgrave, Unlike many, I think Frostgrave needs a bit of colour! What is with all the Gothic architecture and grey? Wizards are rather refined people and doubtless appreciated the finer things in life. And in death, like the Egyptians.
Also, I'm not going big on the ruins. There will be some, no doubt about it. But there will be 'magically intact' residences and temples. Magically built, magically resistant to damage.



Last, but not least, some Gnolls from Northstar, (northstarfigures.Gnolls). 

I find it difficult to paint plastic for some reason. My metal figures turn out much better, at least IMO.

I wanted to give them a 'pack' look with some variation in dress colours to denote a pack structure. Don't ask me in which order they are other than the one pointing is the leader. Not that they have a leader in Frostgrave as I think they come under monsters. 

I have now given them a banner (from the MiniFigs PB Persian cavalry figures) I hope I can find a suitable transfer to put on it. Possibly a wolf's head from Epic 40K? Or from Little Big Man Hoplite shield design?

Don't look too closely!



I have six packs of Frostgrave figures to paint, two to each pack, except for the hounds which has three.

That will keep me busy at least until Christmas and possibly beyond. That will see my lead pile at ZERO!

2 comments: