Saturday 17 July 2021

Demons and Tombstone Tinderbox Cowboys

 Hi!

I completed the painting of Black Goat and LWTV cowboys.

Black Goat is the largest figure I've ever actually painted and I am pleased with the result. It looks malevolent, just like I hoped it would. I think the darker, reddish brown, skin tone helps. I did try it in a lighter shade but it didn't work for me. The palms of the hands are lighter by design. I did try to have the fur in a mottled grey but, again, it didn't look right. Plain black with a blue wash.




The cowboys are 15mm figures. I haven't painted many of those in the past. The 100 Huns from the Black Hat Miniatures being almost a total exception. Years ago I painted a 15mm Mikes Models Alexandrian Successor army, which looked rather nice but sold it to a wargames shop in Aylesbury. Not ONLY a 25mm man now but 15mm isn't my preferred size for wargames.

Armies in 25 & 6 mm and skirmish in 25/28 mm. This Tombstone Tinderbox is an exception. It is a mini-game. No doubt I will extend to the buildings and figures, but not by too much I hope. It is after all, a slight diversion. The cattle are the first I've actually seen painted! I have painted them as American Devon. I will purchase some Longhorn cattle from Irregular Miniatures at some stage. Possibly, a stagecoach from Miniature Figurines also.










I have painted a lot more figures which I will put up before too long. Zombies from the Kings of War and some of those Wizkids accessories to enhance the table. They are plastic, a little small for 28mm but acceptable for what they are. And some Northstar models. Mostly, they are all for Frostgrave.


I'd love to get some early French for my Napoleonics but Heroics & Ros are still not listing them for sale. Frustrating. I need around 2-3,000!


Thank for stopping by

No comments:

Post a Comment