Monday 28 November 2022

Game mats. Who needs them?

Travelling to the US I was thinking how to transport my game mat which is housed in  4' tube. I decided it wouldn't be ideal to take it lije that or fold it creating creases. Another think was needed.
I decided to look, once in the States, at the fabric shops for an adequate piece to fulfill the shortage.
What a great surprise awaited me!
The range is practically mind-blowing with colours and shades for almost any scenario you can think of.
I bought four 36''x 42'' pieces for $52 ( mind you it was in New Hampshire so no sales tax!). That's 4 pieces for the equivalent of one game mat. Three pieces were under $13, the fourth was under $14.
Take a look at the 4 belowGrey's
Green's
Black
My favourite. Looks great for a  town/dungeon setting. A cobblestone effect for $14 a yard!
They will need ironing before using but are very lightweight and take a fraction of the space a games mat normally would.
Now only if I hadn't forgotten to pack my dice. A trip to Gigabite Cafe in Marietta is now a necessity.

No comments:

Post a Comment