Tuesday 16 January 2024

Update on everything

Hi!
It's past time I updated what I have been working on these past weeks.
First, a Sarissa Precision 15mm wild west town set for the Tombstone Tinderbox wild west. Good models, in mdf, and easy to build. I've left the roofs detachable so I can put figures inside. They have been painted with GW Zandri Dust paint and one whitewashed, with the shop boards differentiated. I think it improves from plain mdf. I intend to use the Sarissa Precision stencils to brand the stores.
I promised my wife I would buy the adobe set and put her name on the cantina. A mixed Mexican/American border town. There's bound to be trouble! 

This is one I bought to use as a crashed objective marker. The original colour was bright yellow. I decided to give my (5 Parsecs) Zone security team a means of dropping in unexpectedly. Hence the matching fusilage to the uniforms.

It still needs a little work on it and the markings still need to be done, but it won't be the Russian originals.

Some Christmas/New Years reading.


Always nice to receive The Wargamers' Annual. This edition is quite heavy and a very good read. I actually managed not to read it all in two days, rather, I read the annual spread out over two weeks.
The Xenos Rampant is a rule set that can come in useful. I have quite a collection of figures which I can use. If necessary, I can co-op my Space Crusade figures. I may be able to use the scorpions and dreadnaughts for a change!

There will be a new rule book dropping through the door in a day or two. I have figures for this too but MIGHT like one or two more.
Which is rather a joke. On the Miniature Adventures YT channel I commented I hoped to restrict my wargames expenditure to £300 for the coming year. It looks like pigs might fly there.

Thanks for dropping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment