Stokesay Castle

Stokesay Castle
Just a great place to visit

Tuesday 21 May 2024

Witchin' Hour. First game. The Curse of Fairhaven. Answering the Call

This is a time of troubles. Where magics bring forth things that should not roam this blessed land.

Go forth and cleanse the land of Warlocks, Witches, their cursed minions and the evils they have brought forth!


I trudged wearily over many leagues behind my master, learning the trade of Witchfinder. 

I grew in knowledge as well as age behind him. At his side. Saving his life on the very odd occasion he was caught off guard. But he saved my life many more times. Patiently instructing me on my mistakes, as he saw them. Never scolding. Training, to be better. To one day taking my place as a witchfinder.

There were times I wanted to leave and lead a normal life. That was never meant to be. For how can one rest easy abed when you knew the evils walking the land. Evils that could end up at your door someday.

Word had come to us that strange events were rumoured to be happening in the area some called tierra meiga. Perhaps it was just named such so as to keep secret what was hidden. In it were nestled many towns and villages. The area to investigate was near the village of Fairhaven.

I was sent with some stout fellows to investigate and report back to my master.

The apprentice

has padded armour sword and xbow. She had 2 potions of healing and the skill, Parry.

She took 4 henchmen all with simple armour:-

The 1st with a longbow

The 2nd with sword, short spear and shield.

The 3rd and 4th, with sword and shield.

They are better protected than their opponents.


The Witch's cultist leader also took padded armour, sword and had the skills Parry and Fearless.

He took 5 Henchmen all of whom had simple armour

The 1st took a xbow

The 2nd a Polearm

The 3rd Bow and sword

The 4th and 5th each had a sword.

The Witchfinder apprentice is out numbered but had 3 with shields, so better protected. And she can heal anyone who is injured.

The Coven cultist henchman isn't worried at all if his men survive, Plenty more where they came from!

A sudden, unusual fog descended as we approached the settlement. 

The settlement had a wooden fence for defence, against what I could not know. Only 1'' high so no impediment to movement, but it looked nice! 


I had told my men to question the villagers to see if they knew anything about suspected witchcraft or supernatural events in the local area.

We entered the village, fog swirling around as if to discombobulate us. I shouted encouragement to my men but it seemed as if an echo.

We moved into the village questioning the villagers,. None professed to know of which we spoke, or were afraid to say even if they knew. The first 3 to be questioned all had dice rolls below the required number to give information, as had the two the the coven cultists spoke to so were not quelled into submission. All these villagers just moved away from the questioners.




It was then the mist lifted. We saw armed men coming from the other side of the village.



I urged my men to greater efforts in seeking information that might help us in our quest.


TBC

No comments:

Post a Comment