Stokesay Castle

Stokesay Castle
Just a great place to visit

Monday 10 June 2024

A trip to Great Yarmouth

 On Thursday 6th, I went on a day trip to Great Yarmouth. The weather was very British. Sunshine, rain, warm and cold.

I did though, have a nice time. I also found the following when there.

Norfolk Boardgames, Wargames and Collectables


New and second had figures and terrain. GW, obviously, some historicals, rules books and boxed games. Certainly worth a little of your time.

The Spanish galleon Andalucia





It makes the Golden Hind look like a lifeboat!

Sadly, leaving in a couple of days. A two day trip onboard from Gt. Yarmouth to Holland is €400.

I'd love to go but...

The town walls of Gt. Yarmouth





Not all the seaside shops and amusements were open which spoiled it only a little. But Chinese take-aways, please open before 5pm I'm hungry at lunchtime!

4 comments:

  1. I was there back in late April, didn't spot that shop though! Yarmouth has a suprising amont of history - are you aware of their Nelson's column in the middle of an industrial estate?(!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! David, I googled model shops and chose those that seemed to be most promising for our type of games. I wasn't aware of the history of the place and only came across the wall by accident. I didn't know of the column. Maybe if another visit I will track it down. The galleon was a bonus.

      Delete
  2. I've not been to Great Yarmouth in years. Looks like I need to pay it another visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just make sure it's going to be warm and sunny all day Ray.

      Delete