Tuesday 3 March 2015

6mm Persians v Egyptians In deaths Ground

This was a game I tried twice, after misinterpreting the rules during the first game. Easily done when not familiar with rules as I'm sure most of you are aware. The rules in use were 'In death ground' (In death Ground) by Northstar Figures
The scenario is the invasion of Egypt by the Persians. This army, tasked with securing the temple and all it's precious holdings. The Egyptians mean to prevent it, not least because the food it contains can feed the army. 


The Egyptian army as seen from the Persian lines.


The precious temple, actually a 25mm tomb by Monolith Designs (monolithdesigns), with all its gold, by the tributary of the Nile. The sphinx are also by the same manufacturer. 
Incidentally, I bought these when I used to game Epic 40K by Games Workshop. Having all the armies in 6mm I bought these as buildings for the Chaos god Tzeentch, as a temple for a chaos cult.The game has been through various incarnations since then with Epic Armageddon and Epic Titanicus. It may, or may not, be re-released this year. I sold all of my epic gaming figures and scenery a few years ago but kept these as I thought they may be useful.



A view of both armies


The right wing of the Persian army contacted by the chariots


View from the Egyptian right wing


A good view of the Scythian cavalry and Egyptian chariots.




The lines are closing



The armies engaged in protracted bow fire.
In each battle the Persians came out losing. Could it have been because I didn't field the Immortals? I'm not sure. It could have been because the Egyptian spearmen were better in melee.
Next time.....

Thank you for looking in.


No comments:

Post a Comment