Thursday 15 June 2017

Colonel Bill's cart crews


We often think that painting is both a chore and takes ages. This is not always so. Taking a break from the Prussians, I painted 3 of the cart crew I bought at Campaign 2017, which took no time at all. They are basic figures in all essence.


I like how this figure looks. The paint is mainly glaze, shade and washes from Games Workshop (games-workshop).









Another figure with a shade,wash &glaze. Top only in this case

As noted elsewhere, I am trying for individuality. The village figures, i.m.h.o., should be a bit grungy. Which is why the shade; washes & glazes are such a big help. They tone down vibrant colours and make them seem lived in and washed a lot.

I do have the sitting figure to paint. But on with the Napoleonics meantime.

Thanks for looking







1 comment:

  1. Very nicely done with these civilians, great colors and nice basing...

    ReplyDelete