Sunday 1 October 2017

Blucher/Napoleonic update

The building goes on.
Even though I have almost painted all the figures I had, and a few more I found for the Prussians, I have still ordered around 8 packs of figures! That's another 400 figures to paint. An ever morphing lead pile but one at least going down. The Prussians have mostly been painted but the Austrians have yet to arrive.
One thing I am lacking is horse artillery for both armies. I think I will have to order one of the other nations packs as neither has these in the H&R catalogue. Probably an October/November purchase depending how long it takes to complete the soon to arrive Austrians. That's another 2 packs! Luckily, I have plenty of artillery crews and guns but it wouldn't look right without the horse and limbers IMHO.

The ordered Austrian infantry will take the units over the 12 minimum for 3 corps. With the units already painted, the ordered figures; and the mixed types already painted but too few to make into units, I will have a good basic Austrian army.
True, the artillery and crews and command groups are still to be added but we are close to the first phase on this army.
In fact, I keep leaving the command figures for both armies to one side. I'm not sure why this is but will need to finish them at some stage.
Currently:-
2 line infantry units
1 Grenadier unit
2 Jager units (which I can use instead of Grenzers)
2 Cuirassier units
1 Hussar unit
1 Uhlan unit
1 mixed unit of Hussars and Uhlans
1 mixed, half base of Uhlans and Cuirassiers awaiting infantry to be an avant-garde unit.

The Austrian cavalry

Two units of Jagers
I read that some units retained the old uniform and thought a mixture would be a good look.

The entire Austrian army as at present.

The Prussian army is also taking shape. Four infantry units, with enough for another two, and two cavalry at the moment. I have some light infantry to base which will be 2 units.. With some more figures on the way, mainly hussars of which I have none at present, it will be at minimum requirements of 9 units, 3 corps of 3 units.
Currently
4 infantry units
1 Cuirassier unit
1 Towarczys lancer unit

The Prussian units

The Prussian cavalry
The Towarczys are above strength as I think they should have a maximum of 10 figures
but they are based separately and have no bonuses in Blucher. The Cuirassiers are next to them 

No comments:

Post a Comment