Monday 6 November 2017

Wargaming. 25 mm Armies. 25 mm Ancients

Hi!
A sad end to last week.
I put two armies on eBay. These were the first armies I bought, together from the same seller if memory serves me well. Around 1981 I bought some Greek Hoplites with cavalry and bow. I also bought some Romans with the same. I think, now, they are s range Mini-Figs. I enjoyed them for a long while before I moved onto Achaemenid Persians, Late army unfortunately! They win once a year, if lucky!
As you can see from my postings I have been moving to 6mm in a big way in the last 4 years or so.
I am not sure how many 6 mm armies I will be painting. I have some ECW to do in the lead pile. I want to have a 6 mm French Napoleonic, and I have the Mongols in 15 mm and an unspecified opponent to do. Not too much is there!
Plus! Maybe, Frostgrave. Circumstances change and I know this may not be a realistic project anymore. Perhaps I'll get my sons to buy a job lot between them. Luck would have it.

The Romans

Roman Officer

Roman Cavalry
Side view showing some bow, legionary and cavalry

Greek Hoplites

Greek Bow



Greek Cavalry/Mounted Hoplite
Greek Cavalry Officer


No comments:

Post a Comment