Wednesday 31 January 2018

Ronin update

My first post of 2018 and I'm pleased that it is Ronin.
Before another game of Ronin I wanted to make the scene a little more Japanese in flavour.
You may recall a few posts back that I saw red and other colours of bamboo and thought it might look good on the table.
Here is a picture of a red bamboo grove with pathways I have made. And I think it does look rather good IMHO. But my advice would be only undertake this task if you have plenty of patience. It isn't for the fainthearted. Perseverance will be the order of the day.
I have around 30 pieces left to base, which will be on smaller bases with the bamboo clumped in 3's or 4's. to scatter around the board as required. I will then play another game.









I have yet to base the Cherry Blossom trees that I have. I will look to see if there are any suitable bases which will ensure they don't fall over.

2 comments:

  1. Love this! It makes you want to walk on these shady - and beautiful - paths...Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Phil. It makes it all worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete