Sunday 21 July 2019

Journals, Towers and Painting

Hi!
Things have been going slowly on the wargames front recently. I thought I'd share a couple of things with you though.
Firstly, I bought the Wargamers' Journal Summer Special 2014. These journals, available from Caliver Books (caliverbooks), are great reading. It usually has more things of interest for me than most of the magazines on sale monthly. I have almost the complete set of these journals. I buy them to replace the monthly magazines when they have insufficient to interest me in to buying them.




The second is the Desert Guard Tower from SteepledHat Studio on eBay
Such a great model.



Finally.
I used to work with an artist, Paul Robinson of Leighton Buzzard, who gave me this fantastic painting he did for a book cover.  Book unknown unfortunately. He didn't keep adequate records.



A truly great gift.

Hopefully, I'll be back finishing off the ECW,6 mm figures and get onto the French & Indian Wars figures before the end of August.

Thank you for dropping by.

2 comments: