Tuesday 6 August 2019

6 mm ECW

Hi!
My painting of the Heroics & Ros English Civil Wars figures got off to a good start. It continued with some moments (days!) of respite.
I now have:-
10 elements of foot, only 6 shown here, with flags to be added. I say element but each is equal to 4 normal 40 x 20 mm elements.
As you can see, I have based each battalia on one base of 80 x 40 mm. I like the look of it.
Originally, as I had done previously with my first ECW army, I was going to have different sized units. But practicality took over and I am pleased with the overall look of the units,





9 elements of dragoons on foot




12 elements of dragoons on horse




14 elements of horse


I have about 4 more units of foot to add but only after purchasing some more shot figures to make up the units. With a few more foot regiments I will have two small ECW armies. I have another batch of figures which will give me another regiment of horse (2 elements).
I seem to have an abundance of dragoons. Much too many I think, with more to paint. I will base the additional dragoons as commanded shot
Even so, it is a force larger than either of the other two renaissance armies I currently have.

I am pleased it went so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment