Sunday 18 August 2019

Brtain's Toy Soldiers and What a Tanker!

Hi!
I visited the auction house of W&H Peacock in Bedford last Friday (9th August). I hadn't been for a couple of years after it moved out of Bedford itself to a new build just off the A421. Living in Milton Keynes it just didn't seem to be worth it just to visit the auction house. I used to like walking round the centre afterwards and do a little shopping, before both the relocation and Bedford councils rapacious parking department took away most of the free parking areas.
Having a stroll round the auction house, as you do, I came across this display of Britain's in a display case.











Some nice pieces even though I don't collect them my self. I especially like the elephants and the Indian soldiers. Lovely.
Also, there was a display of antique firearms. These look just right for the north west frontier!


Whilst there I came across a box of tanks and other vehicles. New. Unopened. And my thoughts turned to 'What a Tanker'. But I'm not a WW2 sort of guy! But, boy, did I want them! After taking down the lot number the rush of blood to the head subsided. A little rationality sank back in. Better, if I was going to do WaT would be to do it in 6mm for which I have more buildings and scenery. I'm sure it's quite possible and very few tanks would be required so minimal cost. Few! A couple of hundred pounds saved. For now.

I didn't see anything else worth bidding on that day

No comments:

Post a Comment