Monday 31 January 2022

Painting the French for Blucher

 Hi!

Just a quick update on where I am with figures and painting.

Since October I have been painting a lot and haven't shown everything. I actually ran out of things I wanted to paint and had to resort to paint things I had no intention of painting, like a box of Italeri Vietnamese. A post for another day. Also for another day some Native Americans for The Silver Bayonet set in the F&IW's

Today is a day for the awaited Heroics & Ros Napoleonics. I have been painting these for almost two weeks off and on. Still plenty to do but currently on the paint table some Fusiliers in bicorns. Grenadiers and Voltigeurs. I have some more of these to start along with 10 packs of cavalry.

I'm expecting to get 11 bases of infantry and 10 of cavalry but we will see how that works out.



You will notice the formations at the top. l'odre mixte and columns of attack. Voltigeurs to be added of course. That makes 60 figures to a base without the Voltigeurs, officers, drums and flags

By the way, I am not expecting to do the Imperial Guard or have Napoleon in my games. Sacrilege I know. I won't be recreating any big battles or 'the usual' refights. It's not my thing. Generic battles is what I like doing. Like not painting to schedule, no pressure to perform!

Fun times ahead!


Thank you for dropping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment