Stokesay Castle

Stokesay Castle
Just a great place to visit

Wednesday 4 September 2024

A chance for some painting

 Hi!

Here in Sarasota it is a hard grind!

We, my wife and I, are looking after our grandson while his mother is working in Boston. I don't remember it being so hard to look after a little one!

While cute, it is much better to hand them back after a couple of hours.

I didn't come empty handed to Florida. I brought some things to paint and, of course, have games to play. Not that I have had much of a chance to do either. It saps the energy looking after the little one.

On the paint table are some German and British infantry to bring the squads up to company level. I bought some trucks for the British and a  artillery piece to even the odds a little. (If you care to look at the German available units you will see the huge discrepancy between the forces. I will add some more as we go along. Maybe.)

The Germans


The British with additional officers and the artillery, artillery crew and trucks.


I bought the tractor for scenery. The camp fire I'm not sure where it is from.

All the figures, bar the camp fire, are Heroics and Ros.
If my memory serves me well, it is a 6lb artillery piece. I will have to check that out.
Now of to do a little painting.






1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the painting. It must be hot in Florida?

    ReplyDelete