Saturday 22 July 2017

Blucher basing

I have received the bases from Sally4th (Sally4th).
Instead of the 80mm bases I have opted for the 75mm size since the measuring implement is ready made.
The idea, if you remember, is to use each base as a division. I have looked at many depictions and found that, to me, just 1 or 2 battalions doesn't look like the effect I want.
Having tested how the figures will look on the base I have opted for 12 figure battalions in 2 ranks. That will be 4 battalions to a base which would look more like a brigade or division.I had thought to go for a slightly smaller figure ratio but I think it is the right decision for me. There won't be a lot of space between the battalions side by side but a there is a discernible gap.
I need to order some more figures from Heroics & Ros (heroicsandros) as the French I bought from eBay is a mixed bag of all the different types and I have no idea what is what and if they are enough for a corp or two.
Perhaps even a bag or 2 of the ancient British for the warbands?
Pictures when the first are based.

No comments:

Post a Comment