Friday 19 April 2019

Salute 2019 part 2 and ECW catch-up

  Hi!
I bought a few things at Salute. More impulse buys than planned. Although I knew some of the traders attending through looking at the website it was unknown traders, unknown to me, that had my interest.

First in the lucky bag at the door:-


Two fantasy figures and a Salute die. OK. One or two people may have slightly different items but nothing to complain about or set my world on fire.

My purchases:-

Oriental bridge for Ronin

A Tori gate that may not be suitable for Ronin.

Following on:-
A colourful ruin for Frostgrave

My Frostgrave is going to be a riot of colour if I can find the pices. Far too much grey around in most Frostgrave games don't you think?


Lastly, a two sided 4' x 4' mat. One side snow which, I hope, I can use for Frostgrave and the winter French and Indian Wars


The other side 'old grass'.




A couple of close ups.






 This is how the Napoleonic Austrians look on the mat:-





And the ECW cavalry and dragoons from both sides. The bases still need finishing as do the guidons/standards.

The dragoon elements. More foot required

Parliamentary horse

Royalist horse


Another shot of the Parliamentary horse


It feels like I fairly batted along with the cavalry/dragoon painting. There are plenty of foot still to do but, added together it is a much bigger army than either of the Polish or Turkish forces.  Now to breakdown the figures into units before painting.

That about sums it up.
My favourite has to be the ruin for Frostgrave and second the mat.

I hope to game the Romans v Ancient British before the Easter break is over. There must be recompense for attacking Roman soldiers in pursuance of their lawful duties!


2 comments: