Wednesday 5 June 2019

New Hampshire, USA

Hi1
Returned yesterday from my trip to Portsmouth, New Hampshire, USA.
I was pleasantly surprised by the small town nature of Portsmouth. I expected a larger conurbation, it being on 'old town' historically. I'm wondering what made Boston the 'big city' in the area as opposed to the state. A better harbour maybe?
Any way, I was there to celebrate a wedding which went well, lots of sunshine during the outdoor wedding ceremony. Then at the out door reception it turned so cold you felt you would freeze to death! Such is the vagaries of living on the Atlantic coast.

But I came across this house in my ramblings in the town. A 1725 house just right for French and Indian Wars gaming. 




2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks' Ray. It is a lovely house to see. There were many clapboard houses in the area but not this old.
      I hope to start the FIW painting before September this year. Ahead of schedule by a couple of months.

      Delete