Tuesday 13 February 2018

Ready to paint


The following are on the paint table ready for painting:-
25 mm
21 x Persian horses
20 Persian riders (Achaemenid and Sassanian)
1 Daylami javelinman
1 Female in Burqa
4 What look like Russian/Cossack peasants.


6 mm
1 Pack Austrian gun team
1 Pack Prussian gun team
1 Pack Prussian Hussars




Not sure where the Cossack and female came from but I'll paint them to clear the pile.
That is about 4 to 8 weeks worth of painting I think. It all depends on the time available. Unlike many I have grown to like painting horses. with Achaemenid and Sassanian armies I'm sure that is a good thing. It wasn't like that in the beginning though. I think that change to water based paints and inks, washes and the likes have made painting easier and faster. No more waiting 24 hours for the paint to dry.

I couldn't resist the arms race. But I will do it piecemeal. Likely I will build the infantry up a little more next, perhaps to at least 18 units each. But it will not be until these are painted at least.


No comments:

Post a Comment