Sunday 17 October 2021

I shake my head

 Hi!

I want to air a few things with you and see if you agree or not.

The first thing is eBay policy of forcing you to use their payment method if you want to sell on there. I can understand they want to maximise their profits but if they drive people away is that the best option for them?  

Personally, I was happy using PayPal. I only buy occasionally on there now. I have not sold anything on there for almost two years and it's 8 months since I bought something. And I was a regular either buying or selling.

Also regarding eBay, but not about them. What lunacy is happening with the prices?

People wanting top dollar for very old style figures. Figures from the '70s, '80s & '90's. You want me to pay almost the equivalent of new figures when they cost 50 pence or a little more? It isn't going to happen!

Similarly with GW epic figures £30+ for a model that cost around £6? And 6mm armies, and not a great amount of figures either, and they are asking £70+. Yes, they are painted after a fashion but you are not being realistic in the least.  There's a bike. Get on it!

And again with board games. £100+ some rising to £380! for a board game? A new one will cost£ 75.

And it's not as if they are 'rare', 'oop' and similar. There are loads of them on sale. It's all a joke I'm sure. Because looking you see the same figures and games going unsold and are there week after week after month.

I shake my head and log off

So I'll keep my money for the new stuff thank you

2 comments:

  1. I nearly always shake my head at prices on eBay. Occasionally they are reasonable or even a bargain, but you have to pick and choose don't you? I try to go direct to retailers if I can.
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are as one James. The out of production figure prices are simply amazing. There, I think, to con the unwary newcomer. Luckily, many buyers seem to realise that the prices are not supportable.

    ReplyDelete