Thursday 28 October 2021

Walls for Frostgrave

 Hi!

I was looking at Kickstarter and saw a cavern set and thought I could do with some like that. Then it reminded me I should make a couple of walls for Frostgrave for the spell 'Wall'.

And, as you know, I want to make a colourful Frostgrave and not the monotone one that gamers usually use.

Now, The Terrain Tutor I most definitely am not (The Terrain Tutor). But...

I did two, 6'' X 2'' and thought, that doesn't look too bad! I think it's eye-popping! Not in the quality, but in the impression it gives. They are made with 3mm foam board, the wrong type with coatings on the sides. I got them not knowing which foam board people were on about more than a year ago. But, needs must...

So I made some more. And two with doors. Now I'm thinking of doing more for the below ground Frostgrave scenarios like 'Into the breeding pits' and 'Thaw of the Lich Lord'. Perhaps even others where walls are required. And I also think they will be good for games other than Frostgrave.

I would love to try my hand at some frescoes but I'm not that great an artist. I would think it would 'make' the scenery really special though. Especially if it was a sorcery type of fresco. I might try it after doing some more walls.

Also looking to do some columns for the none existent ceilings.

Cheap and cheerful to be sure, bit saved me £100 at least!





Thanks' for dropping by.

2 comments:

  1. I've found printing appropriate images out works well to create frescoes or tapestries. (Depending on the paper you use, you may need to sand the back down to thin them.) Works amazingly well for signs and so on.
    ~ TT

    ReplyDelete
  2. After seeing my hand drawn efforts I'll definitely try it! Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete