Thursday 24 February 2022

6mm French Napoleonic for Blücher

 Hi!

An update on the 6mm French army for Blucher.

10 infantry bases





4 foot battery's

2 horse artillery battery's




2 Carabinier bases

2 bases of Lancers




one Cuirassier base


One Dragoon base

3 Hussar bases



2 Chasseur-a-Cheval bases


All units





I am pleased as punch!
As you can see, the infantry are in two formations, which is what I aimed for. Both l'ordre mixte and columns.
I am rather cavalry top heavy. The lancers are only there because they came with some figures I bought on eBay. Being late period, 1812+, they aren't what I wanted as the army is for 1804-07.I painted them...because they were there. I do have more Cuirrassiers to paint as the ones above were also with the eBay purchase. I will do them when I come back from the U.S in June. Or I'll take them with me and paint them over there.
You may not notice it but the line infantry have bicorns and the flags have the pattern with corners and not the tricolour as of later. They are hand painted and came out better than expected.

I can now pit them against a combined Austro-Prussian force or have a smaller battles against each singly.
But I still need more of each!

Thanks' for dropping by.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Ray. I just hope they aren't successful against my Austrians. Not too bothered about the Prussians!
    But, you know those early Napoleonic French, almost unstoppable

    ReplyDelete